Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Communication

Why is it so hard to communicate my needs?  I know I have them, but I fail to communicate. I fail to let you in.  Because it's scary to admit to someone else that you need them, that you aren't "fine,"  that life sucks.  It's scary to tell someone "no" or "i've had enough" or "I need you to love me differently."  It's scary to put up boundaries.  Half the time my boundaries are crossed it's because I don't tell someone what my boundaries are. And what follows doesn't help:

Resentment.  That's what happens when I don't communicate my needs.  

Blame.  That's what happens when I don't want to take responsibility for not communicating my needs. 

Anger.  That's what happens when I feel taken advantage of because I haven't communicated my needs.  

Change.  That's what happens when I direct my anger into a healthy drive to communicate my needs.  
 

No comments: