Monday, April 6, 2009

Focus



I always thought I was a leader. But this past year has proved me wrong. I have been a follower. My leading was only an ascent to a lonely summit. I realize now that all my life I have lived in the shadows of someone else's desires. I have not known my own vision, and followed it. I have waited for others to give me a vision, or I have crafted a vision to impress and to persuade others that I was a leader. Today, I became a leader. Not because I am leading anything, but because I know what I am about. I do not have a position, but I do have a passion. And finally, yes, finally I can say with confidence that I am ready to step out and pursue my vision whether the people I want to follow do so or not. I have focus. I am looking myself in the mirror and look deep into my own eyes. I finally see confidence. I finally see someone who I believe in.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay, I know we've only met like once, in fact you may have no clue who I am. However, I stumbled on your blog, and I'm completely curious... what is your vision? What are you about? Permission to read future posts?

StephenGrindle said...

Melanie! I do remember you... I think we met at a Nieu Communities event for Arthur? thank you so much for your interest in what i'm about... how about this- i'll blog about it soon and then you can check it out. and yes, of course you can follow my blog!

Melanie said...

thanks! I look forward to reading on :) you are now bookmarked...